Friday, January 3, 2014

Child of God (Part 2)


It is a mystery why many of the people who claim or suggest that the event described above in Revelation chapter twelve took place some four thousand or more years before the Apostle John was shown what was to take place in the future. One can only put it down that in their desire to point out that Christians have the victory over the Devil through Jesus Christ they are prepared to deceive. This is self-defeating, and suggests that the individuals are aligning themselves with the deceiver of the world, who is the father of lies rather than seeking the glory of the Father of Light.

This brings us to another issue which needs to be addressed, and one Jesus addressed concerning the Jews of His day as recorded in the same chapter of John as the previous quoted scripture regarding the truth setting people free. Many people like to think they have the truth, when in fact they do not. They possess presuppositions and doctrines that are not truly biblical that lead people into error. Instead of humility and genuine discussion centered on arriving at truth, these individuals desire to be contentious and arrogant. Consequently, rather than demonstrating that they are at peace with God, they become agitated, just as the Jews did when confronting Jesus:
“You are doing the works your father did.” They said to him, “We were not born of sexual immorality. We have one Father—even God.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies” (John 8:41-44 ESV).

The mark of the Devil is deception and lies. Rather than the truth, the Devil fosters deception by any means possible. More particularly, the Devil likes to appeal to people’s pride. Pride of life is the very reason Adam fell from the standing he had with God. Pride of life was the very reason that Eve believed the lie of the Devil. Pride was the very reason the Devil lost his place in Heaven.
In the book of Isaiah, we read the following:
How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn! How you are cut down to the ground, you who laid the nations low! You said in your heart, ‘I will ascend to heaven; above the stars of God I will set my throne on high; I will sit on the mount of assembly in the far reaches of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will make myself like the Most High’ (Is. 14:12-14 ESV).

No comments:

Post a Comment