Friday, December 19, 2014

Before It Was Christmas

Before It Was Christmas

 Happy Riches © 2014. All rights reserved. 
Individual use is permitted. 


Joseph:
You ask me about my stepson. I have to say stepson, although most people supposed He was my son. Yes, at first, I was embarrassed. Mary was so beautiful to behold. Seeing her eyes were like looking into the heavens, light sparkled like diamonds suspended above the Earth. She had such depth in her soul. What a pleasure it was just to look into her innermost being. Radiance of the pure, came only from that woman whom I felt I was privileged to be the only man to know.

Purest girl I had ever seen. As a carpenter, I had worked for Herod. Truly, I can say, none of the women in his palace, nor that of the House of Rome, for that matter, emanated the preciousness of Mary. If the royalty of the day had seen her, evil would have marred innocence the same way the prince of darkness marred Eve when living in the Garden of pristine delights. Of course, after her pregnancy, Mary hid in the presence of the Holy, and spent time with her cousin, Elizabeth.

I worked, wondered, but worry was not a feature of my mind. After the Lord God spoke to me, the assurance in my heart, even though difficult to explain, was not just deep, but more like the feeling of infinity meeting the finite. Indeed, a miracle took place in me. Just as one took place in my Mary. Her miracle was greater than mine. Even though, such a thing is hard to imagine, as I felt all I had ever needed to know had already fulfilled my heart.

An Angel:
Man was marvelous to behold. Adam and Eve, those two were one. And how we longed to see the Son. But, wait, we have done, for what choice did we have. Satan brought forth sin with its sting. He, the devil, evil incarnate is that one. Lucifer, the morning star, brightest of us all with more splendor than the sun; yet like lightning, he was gone. In a twinkle of the eye, really: the most beautiful sensation became the most lost of Creation. This we could not understand. How could it be? Looking on, we heard it was jealousy.

Mary:
The Lord, His word upon me did alight. Some say, they saw a dove, I only heard the gentle sound of the breeze, and how refreshing at day’s end. Joseph was expecting me. Little did he know, expectation was more than one had thought. A silent tear caressed my cheek, the pleasure of my joy upon hearing the cooing sound. Yes, so I thought myself: lovers in love; only this sound came from above. Looking up I saw something like a seed. I heaved a sigh. I do not know why. Feelings of freshness, like dew in the morn, calmly encompassed me. My response was so quick: ecstatic praise flew from between my lips. I had volunteered to reach up high. Such was my heart, like a silent cry echoing in the chambers of the Divine. The Lord, my God, allowed me to draw nigh. Jubilant, I felt my spirit rejoice. Then I heard my Savior’s voice. Mary, my love, my mother to be, bring forth your child, so I may enter in, and abide with thee.


No comments:

Post a Comment